Our goal is to provide outstanding customer service, guidance and support
to become a certified teacher.
it is not to be the biggest program in the state !
Our Commitment To all eit teacher candidates
- EiT Directors select less than 100 candidates per year.
- Small class sizes (face-to-face)
- Content and PPR Test Preparation sessions (over 25 meetings) (more than just PowerPoint)
- Full-time faculty with earned doctoral degrees in Curriculum and Instruction;
- Interactive face-to-face instruction;
- Content-specific, intensive curriculum aligned to the Educator Standards, the TExES Domains and Competencies, and the TEKS;
- 0 % financing
- No credit check
- Content test preparation courses included;
- PPR test preparation courses included;
- Lower cost for testing. Due to taking the certification exams only once
- Evening classes to accommodate individuals currently employed; and
- Centrally located in the Rio Grande Valley (Weslaco, Texas)
- 100% pass rate on PPR, ESL, BTLPT, Math 7-12, Science 7-12, ELAR 7-12 and Bilingual on the 1st attempt since 2009
- Structured and sustained support throughout the program;
- Qualified and Experienced EiT Field Supervisors;
- Comprehensive and monitored mentoring during first year of teaching